Friday, March 2, 2007

Stepping out...

There's something to be said for getting away from the daily routine and immersing yourself in something different for a little time of renewal. The 3 day National Frame Building Expo wrapped up in Indianapolis this morning and although I am looking forward to returning home and seeing my family again, I am taking home some new ideas and some new energy for the construction season ahead.

It was great to reconnect with old friends and meet some new friends. Many of my clients were at the Expo with the opportunity to see the same vendor displays and educational seminars, although we all had our own nuggets to take away from the event. Growth opportunities for the needs of each individual abound at these events for those who are willing to find them.

One of the greatest surprises was learning a little about WebLogging from my friend (and fellow Wisconsin Alumnus) Scott Tappa at the Rural Building News booth. Scott's got a great flair for sharing information and I have always enjoyed his ability to educate me on topics from BigTen Athletics to the latest Building Trends. Thanks to Scott's impromptu lesson on Blogging a couple hours ago, here I sit in a hotel lobby in Indianapolis composing my first Blog Post on my brand new Blogspot!

Scott is so good on the computer that I predict he will find this web site before I can even tell him I have it up and running, so "Thanks, Scott!" for sharing the time with me and being a true ambassador for the Post Frame industry. The exchange of knowledge and ideas is the reason we get together at these conventions and Scott embodies that ability better than most people I know.

It's the little serendipities of life that often bring the largest joys and impacts in our lives!

God Bless America

1 comment:

Coach Scott Tappa said...

Nice work Aaron, good to see another blog in the industry!